Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rude or Blunt?

Sigh....I have been known to be rude. But in actuality I am blunt. I speak the truth but I guess sometimes too harshly, which is often confused with rudeness.

Why must I sensor my words to spare your feelings? Would you rather me lie? But then I would be known as a liar. I am not a liar. Let me rephrase that because everyone lies. I only really tell white lies...example "why were u late?..." my reply "I overslept." Or something close to that. My memory for particular things is not sharp so I rather not remember a lie that I told only months later to have it rear its ugly head.

You are probably wondering what brought on this rant after months of not writing. Well his name is X. I just received a call from him asking if we could hang out. I told him that I have plans already. He asked what they were and I told him that I was going to my cousins 23rd bday party. He then asked if he could come. I told him no. Who the hell invites themselves to things that dont call for a self invitation. He then proceeds to badger me about why cant he come...Grrrrr!! Nigga who are you!??( I didnt say it out loud now that would be rude) He then tells me I should know him better than that and he would never have shown up. I don't get it then why the 3rd degree?

I tell him I dont know you better than that. You come in and out my life sporadically. (Probably thinking you will get a chance to taste these goodies again....umm not happening) I know certain facts but I dont know YOU. He is shocked by my statement but its the truth! He then asks how long have I known you I said off and on for 6 or 7 years and between that probably 2 years of no contact. Even at that we have had brief conversations. So NO I dont know you! As a matter of fact you dont really know ME! He feels offended and he decides that it was time for him to get off the phone. (BYE!)

See I wasnt rude! I just told him the truth about the type of relationship he thinks we have! Grrr! I can show you whats rude! But you see Im not a rude person just blunt and Im sorry if your feelings get hurt by the truth....but maybe I should make amends I might need him in the future he is a lawyer....

No comments: